This is a tool that is used to bring together and provide parents, families, and educators with important information about your child’s growth and development. Most early childhood programs that are licensed are required to add a child development assessment (การ ประเมิน พัฒนาการ เด็ก which is the term in Thai) in the program. Below are some resources and information to inform parents of the childhood assessment program.
What Is Childhood Assessment
The childhood assessment means bringing together all the necessary information about a child, using the information you’ve gotten to organize educational activities, which will be at a level that the child will be able to understand and learn.
Assessment is an important part that has high quality. When parents perform an assessment, it gives them the ability to know the main details of a child, understands what the child knows and what he’s able to do.
Documenting and observing a child’s performance and work over the year gives educators the ability to accumulate the details of child development and growth. This information helps parents and educators to plan the correct curriculum and effective instruction for every child.
Assessment record is seen as a medium to share with educators and parents for them to know their child’s progress, know their challenges and strength, and make provision on extending the learning straight into their homes.
Why Is Assessment Important
Assessment of early childhood development (การ ประเมิน พัฒนาการ เด็ก ปฐมวัย which is the term in Thai) gives parents and educators the important data about child growth and development. The assessment helps to;
- Provide a full record of development in all areas: physical, language, cognitive, approach, and social-emotional
- Know the exact children who need extra support and identify if support services are required
- Gives parents the ability to plan separate instructions for a group of kids or a child in particular that find themselves at the same level of development
- Know the weakness and strength of a program and relevant information about the program, what’re goals do they have that meet the children’s needs
- It gives common ground between parents and educators for them to collaborate on how to support their children