Home care services administrations keep on growing inside the healthcare industry as requests for skilled nursing care choices increase. There are numerous reasons behind this including a vast number of aged people who will require more therapeutic services, absence of facilities in health care, and the need to discover affordable alternatives to give patient care services. It is nothing unexpected that more nurses are getting employed through healthcare agencies to provide adequate nursing care for patients at home (พยาบาลดูแลผู้ป่วยที่บ้าน, which is the term in Thai]post-surgical care, health checks, counselling, dietary and nutrition guidance, medicine observing and treatment systems to patients in their homes.
While being in the home may be of numerous advantages for the recuperation or treatment procedure, patients and attendants can also feel uneasy about being without anyone else; this is where a homecare attendant can give help and reassurance by responding to inquiries regarding specialist’s requests, meds, medicines or ailment, and side effects. As per Insurance and medical law, home care attendants must pursue a care plan that depicts foreseen services and reports the patient’s condition after some time. Care plans ordinarily include the following activities:
- Finishing admission administrative work and leading an underlying physical appraisal.
- Surveying environmental issues, for example, furniture arrangement and taking away items that could harm patients.
- Instructing patients and caregivers about care techniques, nutrition, and managing pains.
- Offering help and feedback for social-emotional subject matters influencing recuperation.
- Taking note of patient’s healing or concern since the last visit.
- Lifting, turning, or moving patients.
- Injections administration, taking vital signs, and finishing therapeutic techniques, for example, setting up IV lines, bandage changing or inserting catheters.
- Bringing in social workers or hospice administrators to manage family or mental issues identified with recuperation or sickness.
- Finishing release paperwork when the recuperation or treatment procedure is completed.
Qualifications for Becoming a Home Health Nurse
Home care medical attendants need to hold a nursing degree and be authorized to fill in as an enlisted medical attendant in their state. To guarantee patient protection, employers may likewise require home care attendants to go through medical screenings and drug tests. Job applicants should also hold a valid driver’s license for self-transportation to patient homes. Other significant characteristics for home care medical attendants include having solid time management skill, acting naturally coordinated, having superb written and oral communication skill, being physically fit to manage employment requests, and having the ability to relate with individuals from varying backgrounds.